Discover ways to make in a single day oats for a scrumptious prep-ahead breakfast!
Protein-packed oats, yogurt, fruit, and honey will maintain everybody energized all morning lengthy!
- These little on-the-go jars are a balanced and nutritious strategy to begin the day.
- Breakfast-in-a-jar, this in a single day oats recipe will be made with nearly any sort of milk or fruit.
- They’re straightforward to organize and can maintain within the fridge for a number of days – prep a batch on the weekend and luxuriate in all of them week.
Elements for In a single day Oats
Oats – I desire the feel of rolled oats (additionally known as old style oats or giant flake oats) however you should use fast oats. Fast oats can have a barely much less chewy texture, and the outcomes aren’t fairly as thick. Metal-cut oats will want an additional day to melt and supply a chewier texture.
Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are optionally available, however they do assist thicken the combination because it sits in a single day. Exchange chia seeds with hemp seeds, flax seeds, oat bran, or any sort of chopped nuts.
Yogurt – Plain, flavored, or Greek yogurt works. Non-dairy yogurts are additionally an choice.
Milk – Liquid brings every thing collectively and helps soften the oatmeal and chia seeds. Non-dairy milk like almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk are nice choices on this recipe
Sweetener – If utilizing a flavored or sweetened yogurt, you can also make these in a single day oats with out honey or sweetener. Alternatively, exchange honey with maple syrup, brown sugar, or any sugar-free sweetener.
Easy methods to Make In a single day Oats
Wholesome, energizing, and really easy to make, in a single day oats are prepped the evening earlier than and will be loved chilly or heat for busy mornings!
- Mix oats, chia seeds, milk, yogurt, and honey in a bowl, as per the recipe beneath.
- Stir in nuts or different flavorings like peanut butter or fruit spread.
- Layer fruit or nuts on the underside of a jar (or any container with a lid) and prime with oatmeal combination.
- Refrigerate in a single day and luxuriate in all week lengthy!
Add-Ins, Flavors & Variations
Fruit – Recent, frozen, or dried fruit will be blended and matched. We love blueberries, raspberries, and bananas. Toss bananas with a bit of lemon juice to maintain them from turning brown, or mash them with the yogurt in Step 2. No fruit? No downside! Swirl in your fave toast toppers like jam, jelly, or preserves.
Nuts & Seeds – For further crunch, add chopped walnuts, almonds, pecans, pumpkin, or sunflower seeds. You can even swirl in some nut butter, like almond butter.
Extras – Mini chocolate chips, toasted coconut, or vanilla extract.
Variations – Make fall-inspired pumpkin overnight oats to heat up on chilly mornings or a summer season pina colada model utilizing yogurt, toasted coconut, and pineapple chunks.
In a single day oats are a mix of oats, yogurt, chia seeds, and milk with a bit of little bit of sweetener. The oat combination is layered with fruits and nuts and left to take a seat within the fridge in a single day.
Sure, you should use steel-cut oats on this recipe, the feel can be completely different and so they might want to sit for two days within the fridge earlier than consuming (as an alternative of simply 1).
Giant flake or rolled oats have one of the best texture however truthfully, any sort of oat will work simply positive!
In a single day oats will be stored within the fridge for about 5 days (so long as the dairy is contemporary).
You may freeze in a single day oats, they’ll should be stirred after thawing.
Leftover in a single day oats may also be blended, frozen into cubes, and added to your favourite smoothie recipes.
What do you add to your in a single day oats? Depart us a remark beneath!
In a single day Oats
In a single day oats are an ideal meal prep breakfast recipe! Oats are blended with yogurt, chia seeds, and fruit!
In a medium bowl, mix oats, chia seeds, milk, yogurt, and honey. Stir in nuts, extracts, or flavoring if desired (similar to vanilla, peanut butter, or mashed banana beneath).
Place ½ cup of fruit/nuts within the backside of 4 mason jars (or different containers). High with yogurt combination and seal and a further ½ cup of fruit.
Refrigerate no less than 4 hours or in a single day.
- Yogurt: Use flavored or unflavored yogurt. If utilizing plain yogurt, you may like so as to add further sweetener.
- Oats: Previous Usual Rolled Oats work greatest for this recipe. Metal minimize oats work however will present a special texture and should be refrigerated for two days earlier than consuming.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds make one of the best texture on this recipe. When you don’t have chia seeds, substitute floor flax seeds, finely chopped nuts, and even oat bran. This may change the feel.
- Fruit: If utilizing fruit that browns like apples or bananas, add a contact of lemon juice and place the entire fruit within the backside of the jar so it’s coated with the oat combination.
1 cup pineapple & 4 tablespoons coconut
Stir 2 tablespoons coconut into the yogurt combination. Divide pineapple over 4 jars. High with yogurt combination and remaining coconut.
3 bananas & ⅓ cup walnuts (or pecans), chopped
Mash one of many bananas and blend it into the yogurt combination. Slice remaining bananas and divide over 4 jars. High with yogurt combination and nuts.
1 ⅓ cup berries, contemporary or frozen & ½ teaspoon vanilla
Combine vanilla into yogurt combination. Divide berries over 4 jars and prime with yogurt combination.
1 cup sliced strawberries & 2 bananas
Mash one of many bananas and stir into yogurt combination. Slice remaining banana and divide over 4 jars together with strawberries. High with yogurt combination.
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon vanilla, 1 granny smith apple, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or use homemade apple pie filling)
Chop apple and toss with lemon juice and brown sugar. Stir cinnamon and vanilla into yogurt combination. Divide chopped apple over 4 jars. High with yogurt combination.
Diet data doesn’t embrace toppings.
Energy: 366 | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 11g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 588mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 954IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 262mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.